Tartandesigner Terms and conditions of use
- The program copyright is owned by St Kilda (Holdings) Ltd and has been designed for use by individuals, clubs and business organisations but strictly on the understanding that no ongoing commercial activity is promoted by said individual, club or business. A commercial version of Tartandesigner is available.
- Use of the site for design purposes requires registration.
- You agree to read the instructions and advice pages prior to undertaking any design
- By registering and using the program you agree to allow us to hold your registration details in a secure location in an encrypted format for protection and to periodically contact you by e-mail circular with group products and services. You have the right to unsubscribe.
- Designs once finalised may be saved into the main gallery or may be restricted to the registrants own ‘My designs’ which is an area only the registrant may view. Any design posted to the main gallery without copyright protection lays the design open to copying and misuse and we accept no responsibility for misposted designs however caused.
- No warranty is given regarding colour matching due to the wide variations in monitor output. Any design must be considered a ‘draft’ until final colour threads are approved.
Colour printouts are no guarantee of colour matching and any means of electronic colour outputting must be viewed as ‘approximate’
- We have no control over the settings of monitors and printers and all designs are therefore ‘indication’ only until finalised
- St Kilda (Holdings) Ltd and /or its trading subsidiaries can assist in the processes of converting a ‘general design’ to a final format ready for weaving if this is what is required. No fees are levied for use of the Tartandesigner program but fees may become payable should you wish us to become involved in the design process.
- Until final registration no warranty is given that a design is unique and sufficiently unique to be registered on the Tartan Register in Edinburgh, Scotland. Fees are charged by the Tartan Register for registration.
- Any account which has not been active for 12 months may at the discretion of St Kilda be deleted